Monday, December 19, 2011

Hi Everyone and Happy Holidays! We are getting ready here for the boys to come in.  Nathan comes Wednesday and Chuck comes Friday.  I can hardly wait!

I wanted to share with you a piece I have finished.


This is the patchwork I made.  I dyed the brown myself.  First dying was with  Kakishibu, which is from
fermented unripened persimmons.  I then overdyed it with pomegranates. It's a very creamy brown which I love.  The blue patches come from Japan and are indigo dyed.



This is the finished piece.  I embroidered a mehndi design on it.  I am not for sure what I am going to use this piece for but I'm sure I will come up with something.

Life has been busy around here.  I am taking a color theory class that I am really enjoying.  I will post more about it soon.

6 comments:

  1. It is lovely, whatever you are going to do with it :)
    Have a nice Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too, Radka! Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Regina.

    Nice blog you have. Beautiful work. How about tutorials on dyeing the cloth using natural dyes please?

    That is a beautiful piece of embroidery you did. Keep posting.

    All the Best...Happy New Year...

    Ms Sharma
    http://summersofindia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Regina, just catching up on your blog since I didn't realize after class ended that you took the plunge! You're doing a great job. I am so impressed with this block. I love the colors and the embroidery is just elegant. Looking forward to the start of our advanced class this weekend. Got to go see who else is back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Splendid embroidery--very dramatic!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you on 'stitchin fingers' - Blog is great. I particularly love this piece. It would make a great front panel for a funky, long-strapped bag.

    ReplyDelete