Monday, November 14, 2011

Beasts are finished!

Two beasts are finished

I finished the lion beast.  Ended up completely changing the fabric for the body. The orange and green original body was bothering me. I just didn't like that fabric but I am pleased with the new fabric.  It flows better.

I have been working on another beast - a sea monster.  It was for a client who loves the ocean and wanted an ocean scene.  So of course I had to jazz it up a little and put a sea monster coming out of the ocean.  I had a lot of fun with this piece.  I did the running stitch gathering for the water and it turned out pretty cool.  I have started thinking about a new embroidery but more about that later.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Regina, for biting the bullet and starting a blog about your fiber art! Don't stress yourself about the writing part; people will sense that you are writing from the heart. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the watery fringe on that second cloth - inspired! Thanks for stopping by today and for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete