Monday, November 7, 2011

The Beast



A few months ago I took an online class with Jude Hill called Patchwork Beasts. I just love her classes!  We were to make a project of an animal. For my first piece I did a mythical creature called
Abigal, the bringer of creativity.   You can see her on my etsy site. www.insideoutsideart.etsy.com  For my second piece I chose to work on a lion. I did a detailed embroidery of a lion's face to add to what she was teaching us about patchwork  The blue background is a piece of a hand dyed indigo mosquito netting I got from the Kimono boy in Japan.  http://www.kimonoboy.com/  I worked on it for a while and then got stuck and didn't know where I wanted to take it.  I've recently gone back to it with some fresh ideas.

I am taking an online class right now with Arlee Barr.  It has been a great class so far.  She does things with the running stitch and the blanket stitch that I have never heard of or seen before.  I did quite a bit of the running stitch on this piece.  It is not finished yet, I just wanted to show you what I'm currently working on. I still  have to do something with the body and I am not sure what I am going to do. I have a few ideas.  Will show you the piece again when I get further.

I hope you are having a good day!  Regina

1 comment:

  1. Welcome,Regina! Enjoy the journey - in your blog, and in your artwork...

    The "Beast" is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete